Category One-Skein Projects
Pages on this website describing one-skein projects:
Things to do with a single skein!
- Baby hat - Debbie Bliss's second Noro collection has a lovely one with a little pointy pixie top and earflaps. It's done in Noro Cash Iroha in moss stitch. It uses slightly less than a ball (50g), which lets you have a play with this gorgeous yarn without spending too much money.
- Seamless 5-hour baby jacket - requires about 100g of double knitting so may just go over one skein. It's knitted top-down though so if you start running out you can just swap to a contrasting colour for a "border" on the bottom, and pretend it was meant to be like that.
- Dishcloths/washcloths - Mocked by many knitters, they can nevertheless be a nice thing to make out of a cotton or linen yarn. Actually I think the mocking is mostly aimed at people who only make dishcloths. I believe one dishcloth for every five actual real garments is an acceptable ratio.
- Lace bookmarks - a good way to try out a lace pattern if you have a particularly thin yarn to play with. Everybody needs bookmarks. See the Lace Knitting page.
- Cat Dim Sum
- "Squares" slippers
- Kim Salazar's Kombu scarf photo