Mango Moon Recycled Silk
- Manufacturer: [Mango Moon]?
- Composition: 100% recycled silk
- Cost: about £11 for a 150 yard/140g skein (April 2007)
- Stockists: Loop
Made in Nepal from recycled sari silk. Knits on needles of about 5mm. Every skein is different. It's a very inflexible yarn, like knitting with thick cotton. But it's beautiful.
- Kake gets 14cm = 22 st, 30 rows (10cm = 15.5st, 21.5 rows) in stocking stitch on 5mm needles.
- Kake's Recycled Silk Scarf — uses two skeins of Mango Moon silk
- Mango Moon shrug — uses 1 skein Mango Moon silk or rayon plus 400 yards/100g fingering weight kid mohair
- Unbiased bag
- Himalayan silk pillow — crochet
- Sari silk journal cover — uses about 50g of recycled silk yarn
- Lapel flower — uses about 25g of recycled silk yarn
- Triangular tote — PDF pattern, photo — uses 400g/330-360 yards of recycled Himalayan silk
- Various patterns on the manufacturer's website
- Various patterns from a stockist
See Also: Yarns