(redirected from Mail Order Suppliers)
Category Mail Order Suppliers
Auto-generated list of things in this category:
- Curious Yarns - (Current MIA) Marna's online yarn shop! Buy from Marna!
- Kangaroo - Thoroughly recommended. Noro, Rowan, Jaegar, and Colinette yarns and patterns.
- Dianne's - A good source for novelty and other interesting non-luxury yarns.
- http://www.21stcenturyyarns.com/ - Hand dyed yarn, order online, quick service - considering they dye to order. UK based
Other interesting places
- http://www.lanapura.com - Online store for knitting yarns, crochet yarns, knitting patterns, haberdashery and accessories, including Rowan, Manos, Artesano, Addi and Brittany. Free delivery to the UK.
- http://www.hulucrafts.co.uk - A selection of yarns and knitting patterns from Rowan, Sirdar, Sublime, Artesano and more. Also Knit Pro needles and The Knit Kit - a new and innovative all-in-one tool for knitters and crocheters.
- Get Knitted - A smallish selection of [Rowan]? and [Debbie Bliss]? yarns, plus Noro Kureyon and, most excitingly, Opal and Lorna's Laces sock yarns.
- http://www.yarnforward.com/uk/ - yarns, knitting needles, crochet hooks, patterns, books. Shipping is £12 regardless of order size. Based in Canada but ships to the UK.
- http://www.crochet.co.uk/ - yarns, crochet hooks, patterns.
- http://www.texere.co.uk/ - Interesting selection of unusual yarn plus some fabrics and other items. Beware though - I ordered from them, they charged my debit card, sent me the wrong thing, and then refused to arrange for it to be collected for exchange. I haven't been refunded either.
- http://www.yarnworld.co.uk/yarnworld/index.asp - London-based online yarn shop. I've swapped email with the owner and they expect to have online payment sorted out by mid November 2003.
- http://www.twshop.co.uk/ - Variety of yarns, patterns, etc. About to order from them, will update when I do.
- http://www.cucumberpatch.com/ - only Rowan and Debbie Bliss so far. Prices look cheap but this is because they don't include VAT for some reason.
- http://www.ethknits.co.uk/ - Fairly wide range of yarns including most of what is available at John Lewis. "We can supply any current Sirdar, Rowan, Jaeger, Patons, Wendy, Debbie Bliss, Hayfield, Wendy and Stylecraft Knitting Yarn and Knitting Pattern and DMC, Anchor and Twilleys Crochet Cotton and Crochet Pattern." I haven't ordered from them but I may in future.
- http://www.englishyarns.co.uk/ - Rowan and Jaeger
- http://http://www.upcountry.co.uk/ - Rowan, Jaeger, Debbie Bliss. Crappy ordering form though.
- http://www.marchmoon.co.uk/ - Adriafil, Anny Blatt, Jo Sharp, other yarns I've not seen in the UK before.
- http://www.twistfibrecraft.co.uk/ Rowan, Jaeger, Jamieson & Smith, Noro and Opal yarns. Also do fiber for spinning and weaving.
- http://www.angelyarns.com - Added by an anonymous contributor, who claims it's "Englands most popular knitting web site"; no idea what evidence they have for this.
- http://handspinner.co.uk - Information, news and mail-order supplies for hand spinning
- http://handknitter.co.uk - Information, news and mail-order supplies for the hand knitter, including Knitpro and Brittany needles
Rubber Stamp Suppliers
- http://www.bladerubberstamps.co.uk/ - shop near the British Museum. Stock Fabrico ink for fabric printing, the clearsnap range and a wide range of rubber stamps. Will happily order you anything from the lines they carry.
- http://www.sirstampalot.com/ - Really broad selection of stamp stuff. I bought my rollagraph from them but I can't see it on their website.
- http://www.stampaddictsshop.co.uk - I bought a waterbrush from them. Can't actualy remember what else they sold.
- http://www.craftsceen.co.uk - This lot were selling off their stock at the craft show, but apparently still do mailorder stuff. I got my waterbrushes from here.
- http://www.eclipsecardcraft.co.uk/ - Mostly rubberstampping stuff but a few other ods and ends. Sell the colorbox moulding mats.
- http://www.empirebeads.co.uk/ - Great range of beads, Czech Glass. Wholesale Beads prices available too.
- http://www.jillybeads.co.uk/ - Good value seed beads, Good range of other larger beads too.
- http://www.crystalandglassbeads.com - Semi precious beads, wires and tools.
- http://www.bababeads.com - Bags of mixed beeds in Wood, Metal, Glass, Bone, Ceramics. Plus single beads from the Baba Trays, discounts for qty's of 10 or more of the same type of bead. They do have other beads and bead/craft cases. Personal callers by appointment.
- http://www.foxesdragon.co.uk/ - Similar stock to jilly beads, Also do hanked beads for bead knitting.
- http://www.beadmerchant.co.uk/ - Very high quality japanese seed beads. Carry hex and square beads.
- http://www.beadsandmore.co.uk - A wide selection of beads organised by colour, shape and style.
- http://www.thebeadstalk.co.uk - Growing range of bead supplies including Swarovski crystals.
- http://www.jerseycraftshop.com - A regularly updated selection of beads, charms and findings - and Genuine Jersey Handmade soap!
- CheapFabrics.co.uk - Not tried them yet but they do have quite a range.
- Patchwork Fabric - Rowan, Timeless Treasures, Amy Butler, Moda, Kaffe Fassett, Jelly Rolls and Charm Packs
- http://www.jaycotts.co.uk - Sells sewing machines, accessories for them, notions and haberdashery. Really quick delivery. Also doesn't charge P&P for orders over £25, and only £2.00 for orders below.
- http://www.littletrimmings.com - Specialist mini trimmings for doll makers.
- http://www.ostrichesonline.co.uk - sell all manner of feather trim and boas, plus single feathers, fans etc.
Haven't checked any of the following out properly yet but they all have interesting looking ranges of buttons, braids and trim.
- http://www.craftdepot.co.uk/ - I've only ordered rexlace from them; their catalogue costs £4, but some products are available without the catalogue.
- http://www.sewingmachinediscount.co.uk/ - Wide range of sewing machines, supplies and patterns. Cheap prices too!
- http://www.sewingshopuk.com/ - Lots of dress making supplies, fabrics, thread, zips etc - seems to have disappeared, anyone know where it went?
- http://www.daintysupplies.com/ - General Craft Supplies, Haberdashery, Fur Fabrics, Cotton/Polycotton and Linings. Quick Service.
- http://www.rainbowsilks.co.uk/ - Good source of fabric dyes and paints.
- http://www.kemtex.co.uk/ - Wide range of dyes. Mail order rather than online shop.
- http://www.hindleys.com/ - All sorts of tools and supplies. No knitting, sewing, etc. stuff but things for polymer clay, jewellery, metalwork, woodwork, and so on. Decent prices (target market is school CDT/art departments)
- http://www.allaboutcrafts.co.uk/ - All kinds of crafty stuff, the only place I can find that sells the little tiny fimo cookie cutters online.
- http://www.celcrafts.co.uk/ - Sells stuff for cake decorating, but some of the moulds etc are great for fimo.
- http://www.mamelok.com/ - diecut scraps for decoupage.
- http://www.jetica.com/ - Supply inkjet paper for Tshirt transfers and all sorts of other cool things (fridge magnets and temp tattoos!)
- http://www.elgate.co.uk/ - wholesale arts, crafts and gifts.
- http://www.dharma-store.com/ - Meditation Incense, Mala Prayer Beads, Buddhist Statues, Books and Gifts
- http://http://www.thenailcompany.co.uk - Nail and Beauty product wholesale and mail order supplier
- http://www.togsandtoggleswoolsandyarns.com/ - Togs and Toggles wools and yarns are a supplier of quality knitting wools and yarns. We are a supplier of Sirdar, Stylecraft, Tivoli, Wendy, Robin and Twilleys. We also stock a huge range of knitting patterns and knitting accessories. Our website www.togsandtoggleswoolsandyarns.com holds the full catalogue of each company.