Note to self: find out about this elastic stuff as I ph34r it is your only hope.
The Legwarmer Project.
PHASE ONE: 1 x striped dark/light pink ball of wool. Ist legwarmer attempted on 4mm/6mm straight needles in ahem, stockinette. 2nd half attempted on 4.5mm circular needles.
- Didn't make enough in terms of length.
- The tops curl over in a slouchy way. This is not good when it reveals wonky coloured-stitching on the other side.
- ::PHASE ONE RETIRES:::
Legwarmer Project Number Two/
PHASE TWO ALPHA: 1 x ball of black sparkly wool. 1st legwarmer on 4mm straight needles. 2nd half of legwarmer attempting on the same 4.5mm circulars.
- Attempting to seam up the ones done 'on the flat' after several pints in the pub, whilst not knowing how to seam at all. I still wear them home, but in the cold light of day they look ridiculous.
- Casting on 55 stitches at the top is WAY to big for my legs, causing legwarmers to fall a little beyond acceptable. Arses.
PHASE TWO BETA:
1, Undo the ones done flat. Redo on circulars with 45 stitches cast on. Oh dear. This stretches the wool rather a lot.
- Cast off very tightly to try and avoid the falling down too much problem.
- Cast off too tightly and cannot get legwarmer over heel.
Legwamer Project Number Three:
About to commence. Will try 50 stitches on straight needles as the wool has been pretty stretched anyway.