Double Crochet

Confusingly, UK double crochet is called "single crochet" in the US. This is perhaps the simplest of all crochet stitches.

StitchGuide's double crochet page has illustrations and videos of how to do this stitch.


  • See the StitchGuide page mentioned above for extended double crochet and long double crochet.
  • Work in front loops only or back loops only.
  • See also crab stitch
Last edited 2007-06-05 12:53:19 (version 2; diff). List all versions.