Lucy's Ideas Page
See Lucy to find out about me.
- Beaded breast cancer awareness ribbon. http://www.flash.net/~mjtafoya/projects/ribbon/index.htm is a red/white/blue ribbon - could use this as a basis and just do it in all pink.
- http://www.whimbeads.com/classroom/freeform.html is gorgeous but I couldn't wear it - I'd have to make it to give away or sell. Good way to practise peyote stitch and embellishments like picots and small netting ruffles.
- http://www.whimbeads.com/classroom/netting.html Three bead netting.
- vest top - replace straps with ribbon, sew heartshape on front in beads or ribbon
- papiermache bowls like these: http://www.blaauwberg.net/tourisminfo/artist/jo-anne.asp
Items I'm not sure how to use
- two transparent plastic star-shaped boxes made to hang from things
You could use them as moulds for bathbomb type things (or soap, or candles...) http://www.megan.scatterbrain.org/notmartha/tomake/bathbombs.html
- a smallish piece of blue and white striped handmade felt
- lots of ribbon - maybe ribbon corsages?
idea for evening bags
spiral rope chain beading for strap. sew bag out of fabric of some sort, using co-ordinating bias tape to hide interior seams and possibly bind edges, eliminating both need for lining and visible hemming. decorate bag with beads, sequins, embroidery, etc. Would take a while but be very nice when done.
white good-quality card-stock, cut to size. get small sheet of origami paper, in bright colour. Stick to card. get small piece of white paper, slightly smaller than origami sheet, which has design/stencil/collage/whatever on it. Attach. include envelopes.
- tiny tulip collage
- felt snowman
- bead star
- angel collage
- crown stencil/stamp
- bead flower with felt leaf
- small cross-stitch piece - holly leaf?
I have a bent=straw spiral wreath. I can decorate it with
- felt flowers or leaves
- dried leaves and flowers
- strings of beads
- Fimo ornaments
- Fimo things for cards
- Fimo magnets
- fimo things for hairclips
- banner for Cam troll characters (Ed)
- banner for Shards (agree design?)