Travelling Striped Rib
A nice stitch that looks like it's cabled but is done with no cable needles (see also baby cable rib).
- STw2: Pass right-hand needle behind first stitch, and knit second stitch in back of loop, leaving it on left-hand needle. Slip passed st purlwise onto right-hand needle and slip knitted stitch off left-hand needle.
Cast on a multiple of 7 stitches, plus 2.
- Row 1: K2, *(P5, K2), repeat from * to end.
- Row 2: P2, *(STw2, K3, P2), repeat from * to end.
- Row 3: As row 1.
- Row 4: P2, *(K1, STw2, K2, P2), repeat from * to end.
- Row 5: As row 1.
- Row 6: P2, *(K2, STw2, K1, P2), repeat from * to end.
- Row 7: As row 1.
- Row 8: P2, *(K3, STw2, P2), repeat from * to end.
This stitch pattern adapted from "striped rib pattern" in Rae Compton's Illustrated Dictionary of Knitting.
Last edited 2007-06-09 02:56:17 (version 2; diff). List all versions.