(redirected from Two Skein Ideas)
Category Two-Skein Projects
Projects doable with two skeins of yarn.
Pages on this website describing two-skein projects:
- Scarves are about perfect for two skeins. I made one for Sean's sister in Noro Cash Iroha. Two skeins was enough for a medium sized scarf, and I kept some back to make a long fringe. I used some odd bits of mohair and tape yarn with the main yarn in the fringe, to make it extra-pretty.
- Rib and stripe scarf from Vogue Knitting: Scarves Two uses two skeins of Noro Kureyon in an interesting way.
- Sarah Peasley explains in her April 4, 2004 entry a good way to make sure you get the most out of your two skeins: work some kind of pattern - she suggests lace - for about a foot, then switch to stocking stitch until the first skein runs out. Then make another identical piece and attach them together using kitchener stitch.
- Two skeins will also make a decent sized bag. I'm concocting one now from left-over Rowan Big Wool.
- You can generally make a pair of [socks]? from two skeins.